DISTRICT COLLECTION EVENTS – SCHEDULE
- Chariton County – June 2, 2018 – 23 households participated – Event held in Keytesville
- Daviess County – June 23, 2018 – Cancelled needs rescheduled
- Sullivan/Putnam Counties – June 30, 2018
- Mercer County – August 25, 2018
- Caldwell County – September 8, 2018
- Linn County – September 22, 2018
- Carroll County – September 29, 2018
- Grundy County – October 6, 2018
- Livingston County – October 13, 2018
- Harrison County – October 20, 2018
The North Missouri Solid Waste Management District Region B is sponsoring a solid waste collection event with cities and counties in our 11 county region. These events are funded with grants funds from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. This is an opportunity for ALL residents of the County to dispose of special waste items banned from landfills. ABSOLUTELY NO business or commercial drop offs, residential only.
Questions or comments should be directed to Ann Hamilton, District Planner at 660-359-5636 ext 20.
Tires must have no rims, and be clean and free of debris.
Fees for tires are
- Standard Passenger tires (or smaller) $ 2.00 each
- Oversized tires (36” +) $ 6.00 each
- Tractor Tires $20.00 each
Appliances that will be collected include washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, ranges, ovens, microwaves, freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners and hot water heaters. A fee of $5.00 each will be charged.
Refrigerants will be removed by certified technicians prior to disposal. The District will collect scrap metal free of charge.
Electronics – Computer systems including mouse, keyboard, etc.; copy machines; printers; fax machines will be collected for a fee of $5.00. Televisions under 27 inches will be collected for a $10.00 fee and television over 27 inches and console television will be collected for a fee of $20.00.
Miscellaneous electronics including stereos, phones, etc. will be collected free of charge. All electronic waste will be demanufactured and recycled. All hard drives will be destroyed.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
Household Hazardous Waste must be in the original container and not leaking. Free will donations will be accepted.
Paint, oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, aerosols, herbicides, pesticides, and misc. (Household chemicals only) will be collected.
Residential ONLY! NO waste from commercial generators, NO Businesses, NO toxic or medical waste, NO joint compounds or empty paint cans. DO NOT bring mixed waste!
BATTERIES AND INK CARTRIDGES
Household batteries, rechargeable batteries, Cell Phones, Intact Car Batteries and Ink Cartridges (no broken or cracked cases) will be accepted at no charge.